Wednesday 12 September 2012

Cambodia Day 5

Had a pretty good sleep compared to the night before. Got up feeling all refreshed.

Booked a tuk-tuk for a whole day around Phnom Penh.

Killing field. My goodness. It was freaking scary to be honest. Just as its name, it was a killing field turned memorial park. Not a normal memorial parks where they're nicely built and preserved. In fact there're still bones skeletons left on the grounds and could easily be seen once rain washes them clear. Mass graveyards. Trees where they believe the Khmer Rouge soldiers used to hit the babies head on it while holding their legs. Shocking and depressing.








I don't know but I find the whole story is just so sad. The innocents were sentenced the death in the past where the main men behind all these were just made to pay recently in 2011.

Royal Palace. Entrance fee which cost RM 18++ haaaaaa. Who don't get broke at the end of the trip. Hahaha. It was ok. Nothing really impressive.






National Museum. Oh anyone who might be here at any chance, should definitely skip this. The Angkor is more than enough. After all it's just statues.






I was so excited when I saw there were stalls selling books and there's one about India by lonely planet! Of course at a bargain price where u couldn't get basically in any edge of the earth. I bought one. Sat by the riverside, wanted to just enjoy reading before getting my dinner. Guess what...

It's a photocopied one! Freaking pirated! Okay okay... Fine... What do you expect right... I continued reading for a few pages, finding the maps were all blurry, words ain't clearly seen, and of course photos are in black and white. No, unbearable. Walked all the way back and got some of my money back. I could actually eat a meal with that amount of money. Than wasting the book away. Phew. What a day. Hate to get cheated. I'm like that. I would be very restless until I'm satisfied or being comfortable, will fight to the end in terms to get what I want. Haha.

One more thing. Tuk-tuk drivers could be found parking at the roadside calling for customers. And those in Phnom Penh are just so friendly as they'll let you go if you just wave and smile, they'll give you a bigger one in return. Loving this place. Totally.

Local foods were just too good we had them for the second time in a row. Haha.

Waiters from the cafe along the riverfront remember and greet you even a high-five everytime you passby....
Tuk-tuk driver who understands when you say, 'same old place'...
What a decent country...

1 comment:

life is beautiful said...

got cheated and go minta balik your money, I like that!!
But I feel that the society there is still warm and friendly!!!